School Vision, Values and Ethos
‘We want our children to develop the skills and knowledge to ensure they are well prepared for the next stage of their education and for their future life ahead’.
In order to achieve this, we aim to teach our children to be:
- Strong, fluent readers who use this to support their own learning
- Able to write independently, creatively and demonstrate a good understanding of language
- Confident mathematicians who are fluent in number and can apply their skills to different problems
- Adept at using modern technology, be able to code and know how to use the internet safely
- Inspired by their learning across the curriculum and develop their knowledge thereby giving them the cultural capital to succeed in life
- Creative in their thinking
- Fit and healthy, both physically and mentally. We want children to enjoy playing different sports and be competitive but know how to accept both defeat and victory
- Inspired by the arts and have the opportunities to play music, create art as well as having an appreciation of the work of others
We aim to develop these characteristics in our children:
- Aspiration and high expectation of themselves
- An awareness of others not least those who may be different to them
- Respect for others and their school
- Pride in themselves and their school
- A strong work ethic epitomised by our school manta of ‘Every lesson, every day’.
- A sense of belong to both our school community and their wider environment
- Kindness to others
- Engagement in school life
- Have fun at school and, as our school motto says, ‘Celebrate Learning Together’.
Above all, we want children to enjoy coming to school each day and be engaged and inspired by their learning as well as working with others. We want their formative years to support them in becoming life-long learners.