Welcome to Shebbear Community Primary School
Thank you for visiting our website, which I hope you find to be useful and informative. I have recently taken over as the Head Teacher of this lovely primary school and am very much looking foward to building on its many strengths and successes over the forthcoming terms.
I am delighted to be able to tell you that we were assessed as a ‘Good’ school in our OfSTED inspection held at the beginning of March and this reflects the dedication, commitment and hard work of the staff, governors, pupils and parents of our school.
Our school continues to increase in numbers, and is set in the heart of the Devon countryside, in the small rural village of Shebbear which has its own shop, Doctor’s surgery, Church and Chapel. This academic year we are employing a three class structure throughout the school day which means we have small class numbers - this will ensure that every child receives the best possible education that we can provide.
We are very much a community school with several of our pupils being the third generation of their family to come to the school – which started in 1877 – and we have a caring, family-based ethos, ensuring all of the children are nurtured, encouraged and able to achieve their full potential.
We are very fortunate to have excellent and well-maintained facilities, including:
- Lovely school gardens and grounds
- A wildlife pond area
- Our own polytunnel to grow vegetables
- A Tyre Park
- An enclosed 5-a-side Football Court (which has been refurbished during the summer holidays)
- A netball court within the school playground
- Easy access to the Village Playing Field and Village Hall which are next door to the school
- School meals cooked on site
- A computer suite and Interactive whiteboards in each class
- An independent Pre-School on site with whom we have close links
- A generous playground area with brightly coloured markings to stimulate active and creative playtimes
Many visitors to our school comment on the ‘family feel’ that the school has – I do hope that you visit soon and experience that for yourself – we look forward to meeting you.