Welcome to Shebbear Community Primary School
Thank you for visiting our website, which I hope you find to be useful and informative. I have been the Head Teacher of this lovely primary school – which was founded in 1877 - since September 2012, and am very much looking foward to continuing to build on its many strengths and successes over the forthcoming terms.
I am delighted to be able to tell you that we were assessed as a ‘Good’ school in our OfSTED inspection held at the beginning of March 2012 and this reflects the dedication, commitment and hard work of the staff, governors, pupils and parents of our school.
Our school continues to increase in numbers, and is set in the heart of the Devon countryside, in the small rural village of Shebbear which has its own shop, Doctor’s surgery, Church and Chapel. We employ a three class structure throughout the school day which means we have small class numbers, thus ensuring that every child receives the best possible education that we can provide.
We are very much a community school with several of our pupils being the third generation of their family to come to the school and we have a caring, family-based ethos, ensuring all of the children are nurtured, encouraged and able to achieve their full potential.
We are very fortunate to have excellent and well-maintained facilities, including:
- Lovely school gardens and grounds
- Three modern, inviting classrooms
- A recently refurbished dedicated library area
- A wildlife pond area
- Our own polytunnel to grow vegetables
- A Tyre Park
- An enclosed 5-a-side Football Court (which has been refurbished during the summer holidays)
- A netball court within the school playground
- Easy access to the Village Playing Field and Village Hall which are next door to the school
- School meals cooked on site
- Interactive whiteboards in each class
- Wireless connectivity
- An independent Pre-School on site with whom we have close links
- A generous playground area with brightly coloured markings to stimulate active and creative playtimes
- Experienced, friendly teaching and support staff
Many visitors to our school comment on the ‘family feel’ that the school has – I do hope that you visit soon and experience that for yourself – we look forward to meeting you.